What we inspect
- Roof – if physically possible (i.e., snow covered)
- Construction, Remodeling & Single Systems/Single Item Inspections
- Investigative and Troubleshooting Inspections
- Plumbing system:
- Type of plumbing and the condition
- Water pressure in the house (checked by functional flow)
- Hot water tank
- All plumbing fixtures
- Heating system:
- The heat exchanger in the furnace. (This is what separates carbon monoxide from the air we breathe)
- Air conditioning (although the temperature outside must be at least 65 degrees to check without damaging the system)
- We verify that there is a heat source in each room
- Electrical system:
- The type of wiring
- Condition of wiring
- Adequacy of system
- Illegal, improper & homeowner wiring
- The structure
- The foundation
- Basement leaks
We encourage you to be on the inspection so that the inspector can point out what is found and assist you with any questions that may arise. We also show you how the house operates.
Most people buying a house use all or most of their money for the purchase, therefore not leaving much money to go into repairs. So whether you are handy or not, we will show you how to repair many of the items we find as we proceed through the inspection. The inspection report that details our findings, will be provided to you the same day.
We also inspect new construction. Numerous problems are found in new construction including roofing, plumbing and structural problems. We itemize, with our clients, a checklist of items including workmanship problems to give to the builder.
Information needed prior to the Residential Inspection
- Total square footage of the house
- Year the home was built
- How many furnaces heat the home?
- Are there any space heaters in the house?
- Is there central air conditioning
- How many bedrooms
- How many bathrooms
- Is there more than one kitchen?
- Does the house have city water or well water?
- Does the house have city sewer or septic?
We do not do well or septic inspections
- Finished or unfinished basement?
- Crawl space?
- Property address, city, and zip code